• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Pyrophoric room layout

JLNelson

Hello All,I did not see much in the way of pyrophorics in the archives so I thought I would try this.Does anyone have a good interpretation of what is meant by section 4104.1.2 (2009, IFC) on the storage of pyrophoic material? What is meant by a pile? What is meant by 100sf maximum per pile? I have attached 2 senarios that seem to be in compliance. Am I close?Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1522

Pyro-Store-Rm.pdf

Pyro-Store-Rm.pdf

Welcome

It appears either set up looks good

And the real experts will also put in their 2 dollars

How did you find the forum??

Last edited by a moderator:
CDA,

I was directed here by a building official. I didn't know this existed. Although I have used forums for other things such as getting advice on repairing my '86 Benz.

This is a good resource to get other opinions and veiwpoints for discussion.

Thanks,