• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

RB 265-13 Table R507.2

Glenn

I find the relatively new table, Table R507.2, regarding ledger connection to be confusing and scattered. Information is spread throughout the code text, table and footnotes, much of which is contradictory. Proposal RB265-13 attempts to clean up this section and make it more understandable. Very little of the original intent has been affected. Where it has, I have explained the benefits of such.

Working with the membership of the North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA - North American Deck and Railing Association - Decks, Deck Builders, Decking Material Manufacturers, Deck Safety, nadra.org) and the Colorado Chapter of ICC I put forth this proposal.

It was disapproved during the committee hearings for insignificant reasons, or reasons not otherwise described. I would like to welcome comments to this proposal, but please do your best to read all the related information prior to. For those attending the hearings in Atlantic City, NJ, I hope to gain your support and vote. 2/3 majority is a big majority and I believe these modification will make the provisions more user friendly and flexible.

Thank you.

All the documents can be linked from this page.

Current Code Development Cycle

I believe that one of our members, Frank Woeste could shed light on this as he is one of the primaries responsible for writing this code.

jar546 said:
I believe that one of our members, Frank Woeste could shed light on this as he is one of the primaries responsible for writing this code.
Thank you for the reference, however I have been in communication with Dr. Woeste on this subject and others.