• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Really nice exterior fixture

Re: Really nice exterior fixture

Fortner - Are you channelling 'tigerloose'? Or are you 'tigerloose'... :eek:

Don't care one way or another........

now that's some funny stuff......nice pic!

Geez, this looks like the fixture I installed in my back bedroom! :lol: :mrgreen:

Sue, lost on the frontier.......

Is there a problem?

Quote from the 08 NEC.

410.10 Luminaires in Specific Locations.(A) Wet and Damp Locations. Luminaires installed in wet or damp locations shall be installed such that water cannot enter or accumulate in wiring compartments, lampholders, or other electrical parts. All luminaires installed in wet locations shall be marked, “Suitable for Wet Locations.” All luminaires installed in damp locations shall be marked “Suitable for Wet Locations” or “Suitable for Damp Locations.”

Come on Chris, you're not serious! :eek: Don't you ever watch ' Holmes On Homes '? :D This particular

fixture looks like water could have gotten everywhere behind it. The fixture wasn't sealed to prevent water

from getting behind it and the siding and rotting out the wall surfaces. Not to mention potential mold

problems.

Alias: You must have gotten that out of the recycle bin. I though that when I dumped it, it was headed to china for use in the next toyota.

north star said:
Come on Chris, you're not serious! :eek:
No, not unless I have to be.

Don't you ever watch ' Holmes On Homes '? :D This particularfixture looks like water could have gotten everywhere behind it. The fixture wasn't sealed to prevent water

from getting behind it and the siding and rotting out the wall surfaces. Not to mention potential mold

problems.

Whats 'Holmes On Homes'? Aside from the potential problems you mentioned above, I was pointing out the fixture must be listed for a wet location, which it obviously isn't.