• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Registering for an ICC exam: confirmation/refund policy

Papio Bldg Dept

Platinum Member
From the ICC Exam Bulletin (mandatory reading for those wishing to register):

"Approximately 2 weeks prior to the examination date, the Code Council will send a confirmation letter stating the examination(s) for which the candidate is registered, examination date, reporting time(s), and examination center address. It is your responsibility to check this confirmation letter to ensure the exam listed is the one you wish to take.

A candidate will be refunded 80 percent of the written examination registration fee when cancellation is made at least 14 days prior to the scheduled examination date. If cancellation is made less than 14 days before the scheduled examination date, 50 percent of the registration fee is refunded."

At what point is it possible to confirm/verify you are registered for the correct class, and still receive an 80% refund?

At what point is it possible to confirm/verify you are registered for the correct class, and still receive an 80% refund?
I always received a confirmation e-mail witthin 24 hours of registration

mtlogcabin said:
I always received a confirmation e-mail witthin 24 hours of registration
I too, remember that being the case. However, I was informed today, by the lovely folks in Birmingham, that is not their policy, and that I should have read the policies outlined in the Exam Bulletin (27 pages) on the ICC website.

Papio,

I have yet to receive an e-mail about any test that

I had previously registered for......I have even requested

a confirmation e-mail to be sent to me, but nothing

was ever sent.

I have been resigned to wait for the "confirmation hard

copy" in the mail thus far.....I would say "to not hold your

breath" for the e-mail notification.......Others may have

a different experience.

& & & &