• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Remodel surprise

MASSDRIVER

Thought this was funny

y5u7egat.jpg

Brent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)

Referencing the flashing paper. It's typical in tracts for the window installer to place the window and tack the flashing out of the way. They are then supposed to fold it down.

Failing that, which is 100% of the time, the sider folds it over.

Sider obviously just said F U and continued on his way.

Brent

JPohling said:
Pretty sure your not supposed to use the terms quality and T-111 in the same sentence.
I'm kinda torn on that. I used to do really nice homes years ago in t-111. A good eggshell paintjob and keeping the sidewalks and soil at least 4 inches down and it holds up real nice.

Like everything else it's all in the application.

What screams crap to me is hardi. I can't stand that stuff.

Brent.

MASSDRIVER said:
I'm kinda torn on that. I used to do really nice homes years ago in t-111. A good eggshell paintjob and keeping the sidewalks and soil at least 4 inches down and it holds up real nice. Like everything else it's all in the application.

What screams crap to me is hardi. I can't stand that stuff.

Brent.
True, Hardi is renewable construction, it has to be replaced every few years. There is a massive class action suit now against CertainTeed's fibercement siding.

JPohling said:
Pretty sure your not supposed to use the terms quality and T-111 in the same sentence.
Kind of like trying to attach a deck ledger to a house with T111 and flash it properly. I am sick of T111 from all of the work I did in the Poconos.

jar546 said:
Kind of like trying to attach a deck ledger to a house with T111 and flash it properly. I am sick of T111 from all of the work I did in the Poconos.
That's the key. Counterflashing is your friend. If that small principle were applied more frequently, most rot problems would evaporate.

Brent.