• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Remote... SAFEBUILT, Flood Plain Plans Examiner

Must be close to 100 inspector openings... seventeen Building Official positions.

Building inspection exists as part of the police power of the state. I remain philosophically opposed to privatizing anything relating to policing.

If I recall correctly, Safebuilt requires applicants to take a proficiency test. I found that out during a conversation with a manager at that company. I told her that the level of expertise of building inspectors here in Southern California was in the toilet and she said, "We test our inspectors to make sure that they are competent".

They didn't want to hire me so I didn't get to the testing stage.