• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Required Online Permit Submittal Documents

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Now that we have been 100% online and 100% paperless for a year, here is a sneak peek into a typical setup for a plumbing permit. We can add or remove what is not necessary and the checkboxes are self-explanatory.
Screenshot 2021-03-16 090536.png

Understand, I was was part of the setup of ours, TRAKiT, from start to finish, INCREDIBLE amount of work.

Understand, I was was part of the setup of ours, TRAKiT, from start to finish, INCREDIBLE amount of work.
What is even better is that we were suppose to change software companies and I put 4 months of work setting it all up from scratch then we had a failed launch and ended up staying with the software company already in use. That was an incredible waste of hundreds of hours,

Why do you track item 5 - contract? And are you able to change the order?
The contract is one of the most important documents for us for a few reasons:
1) It has the full scope of the work.
2) It is a legal document that declares the valuation known by both parties.
3) It verifies that the owner is under contract with a licensed contractor. (sometimes unlicensed contractors get a contract with an owner then use a licensed contractor to pull the permit which is illegal. Licensed contractors cannot sub to an unlicensed contractor)

What do you mean by "change the order?"

Many places i work the LL has to sign off on the permit application acknowledging that 3 Stooges Contracting is going to be working on their property. I don’t think i have ever had to provide a copy of the contract. We have has to state the value of the work, but it’s a good faith statement.

The order ... can you renumber the events? Do they have to be done on order? Does the asbestos form have to be submitted before the equipment spec?

Many places i work the LL has to sign off on the permit application acknowledging that 3 Stooges Contracting is going to be working on their property. I don’t think i have ever had to provide a copy of the contract. We have has to state the value of the work, but it’s a good faith statement.

The order ... can you renumber the events? Do they have to be done on order? Does the asbestos form have to be submitted before the equipment spec?
You can place them in whatever order you want but most of the time they all get uploaded at the same time during the permit application process.