• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Residential Code of Ohio Sec. 308.4 Hazardous locations #5

KZQuixote

Sawhorse
Does this section require safety glazing whenever a window is within 60" vertically of the drain and 36" horizontally of the inside edge of the bath tub?

"... Glazing in any part of a building wall enclosing these compartments where the bottom exposed edge is less that 60" above the drain inlet and 36" horizontally from the inside edge of the tub or compartment."

TIA

Bill

That would be how I read it. The IRC requires 60" horizontally to get away from safety glazing.

fatboy said:
That would be how I read it. The IRC requires 60" horizontally to get away from safety glazing.
Thanks guys! The section I quoted was from the 2006 Residential Code of Ohio so they were actually ahead of the ICC with this requirement.

Bill