• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

residential crushed stone footings

bill1952

SAWHORSE
Outside of my usual area of the code again, but just trying to confirm that the 2018 IRC permits a minimum 17 wide x 7 deep (table R403) crushed stone footer (R403.1) under an 8" fully grouted stem wall with a one story conventional light frame construction on it.

I'm not sure but I wouldn't think it would be up your way, your frost depth is probably 48" or so isn't it? Based on that the height of a fully grouted stem wall is going to be pretty significant. Even if it is permitted by code I wouldn't feel comfortable with if it was for my home. I personally would want a 24"x12" footer.

I'm not sure but I wouldn't think it would be up your way, your frost depth is probably 48" or so isn't it? Based on that the height of a fully grouted stem wall is going to be pretty significant. Even if it is permitted by code I wouldn't feel comfortable with if it was for my home. I personally would want a 24"x12" footer.
1 story detached garage. Thank you.