• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Residential Elevators

linnrg

Sawhorse
Looking at plans that include a 5'x5' space (shaft) in a 3 story home (basement, first and second floors) for a Future elevator. This is a first for me what are others saying about these elevators that serve an Single Family Home? Since it has a sump style bottom I am advising the install of the pump at this time. If it is electric what are we seeing in terms of rough in? Blocking in wall(s)?

I have done numerous elevators both commercial (when I built them as a GC) and residential (CEO).

The shop drawings from the elevator MFG should supersede any architectural drawing and be what you need to be referring to for any info including required blocking etc....

yes
The pit depression is 8" and it is pretty much in the center of the home so that is not a real concern..
Most of the water wells in the area of the home are artesian.
The fact that most of the wells in the area artesian would lead me to require a sump pump be installed as part of the initial installation. Not putting what it would just be asking for trouble.