• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Residential Energy Exam

jmc

Bronze Member
Hi. I just completed an energy course based on the 2012 edition of the energy code only to find ICC/PearsonVue offering in the 2009 edition. Is this your understanding as well?

As a bonus to course registration and completion, we were given a 2012 code and free voucher for the cost of exam. It seems a bit weird that the Maryland DHCD and ICC would train you in an edition that PeasonVue doesn't offer.

You are correct, the test is based on the 2009 Code. I think the computer based tests will be based on 2009 Codes through the first half of this year.

BTW, it is an easy test, just pay attention to what the exam is really asking.

BTW, it is an easy test, just pay attention to what the exam is really asking.
Agree it was pretty easy. It is limited to Chapters 1 thru 4 and I was able to find every answer but 1 and still had 30 minutes left.

Pay attention to the terms and the definitions the book uses and read the entire question.