• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Restrooms in a separate building? CPC 422.4

Yikes

Gold Member
I'm working on a park with existing ADA compliant toilet facilities. The city wants to build a new multipurpose room/building, and have the users walk outside to this existing restroom building for all restroom use.

Calif Plumbing Code 422.4 says "each building or structure shall be provided with toilet facilities for employees and customers" and "shall have a maximum travel distance of 500 feet". I assume the code does not require the toilet facilities to be attached to the new multipurpose room/building.

Is that correct?

Compliant, I had a national grocery store chain that added a fueling station........pushed right up against the 500' travel........I didn't like it, but had to approve as compliant.