• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

S1 below B

Jeff W

2009 IBC Type IIB building -Non sprinkled. I am designing a new Single story Urgent Care with slab on grade construction. 7000 S.F. building with retail space. The site slopes toward the back so we will need to have stem wall foundations at the rear. The doctor wants to create a basement level below the Urgent Care for storage (400 S.F. ) that is accessible from the exterior only. I cannot find a requirement for the floor to be rated. This puts business over storage. I am assuming S1 requirements. There is a lot of info about parking garages below business but not much on this scenario. Table 601 says no floor rating. Table 508.4 says no rating. Is there something I am missing.

Jeff

Sorry for the delay in response. The urgent care works for B. There are no procedures except for stitching a wound or things like that. The question was about separation between S1 and B when B is on top of S1. I do not think there is not floor fire rating required. I am just not settled about that though. I feel like I am missing something.

Jeff