• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Sawhorses and Supporters Needed

Any progress on removing, or at least reducing the ads? I promise to upgrade if it means I don't have to see the ads. It just feels fundamentally wrong to pay for something that is loaded with ads. Are you getting any kickback from the advertising money?

Any progress on removing, or at least reducing the ads? I promise to upgrade if it means I don't have to see the ads. It just feels fundamentally wrong to pay for something that is loaded with ads. Are you getting any kickback from the advertising money?
I made an attempt to block ads from Sawhorses but the system does not appear to work. It may be because we use Google AdSense and don't have locally generated ads such as a vendor that wants to advertise directly.

I don't get kickbacks from advertising. Google AdSense creates the ads and we get some revenue from Google which helps to offset the forum costs. The forum will always be free as long as I own it and in order to do that, we need ad revenue from Google unless someone wants to go on the road to sell advertising to building materials & services companies. If seeing the ads is a dealbreaker, I understand. I see ads just like everyone else but they don't bother me. Without the ads the forum would not exist because there are not enough Sawhorse members to bankroll the costs of running the forum. So for now, we are stuck with ads.

# ~ # ~ #

** Joe.B **, ...unfortunately there are no freebies.........The ads help
to pay for the constant operation of this Forum !.....Also, who pays
for Jeff Remas' time and efforts ?

The small amount of money it takes to become a Sawhorse is,
IMO, ..."GREATLY more than made-up" with the amount of
information & entertainment received on here.........Just looking
at
** ICE's ** pictures is worth a Sawhorse membership.

There are also Links provided on here so that persons interested
in obtaining training, can use the Links or other information to
get training, ...sometimes even FREE training.

C`mon man, ...step-up and become a Sawhorse ! :)

# ~ # ~ #

1687658663397.jpeg

An ad for women’s shoes. So how many of you noticed that she is wearing shoes? She could be holding an AK47 and most of you would miss it.

Last edited:
% - % - %

The Ads on your computer "might be" a result of the
filters on your computer itself..........My computer at home
shows some ads, but only a few...........My Smart phone
shows quite a bit............I adjusted the security filters on
my computer at home and that helps quite a bit.

All, ...try adjusting the security settings on your computers

to "the most restrictive" setting.........See if that helps !

Oh, and by the way, ....Yes, please DO become a Sawhorse ! 1687783590263.jpg

% - % - %