• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Scheduled Drywall Inspection

Inspector, do you have ten minutes and we will be done with the dry wall ???

So I stood outside the job trailer and called the site supervisor and told him I was a few minutes early. He said that's funny because he was outside the job trailer too.

It was at that point I realized I went to the wrong site. Just love my 1st inspection of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious. Does PA amend gypsum board inspections? We don't do them unless it's a shearwall or fire-resistive wall per the eception.

110.3.5 Lath and gypsum board inspection. Lath and

gypsum board inspections shall be made after lathing and

gypsum board, interior and exterior, is in place, but before

any plastering is applied or gypsum board joints and fasteners

are taped and finished.

Exception: Gypsum board that is not part of a fire-resistance-

rated assembly or a shear assembly.

The PA UCC specifies that a "Drywall inspection" is a required inspection. No specifics, just drywall.

jar546 said:
So I stood outside the job trailer and called the site supervisor and told him I was a few minutes early. He said that's funny because he was outside the job trailer too.It was at that point I realized I went to the wrong site. Just love my 1st inspection of the day

Glad you did not red tag the job

Do you needed up dated rand McNally??

Map would have done me no good. I had the right builder but the wrong site because I assumed where I was going based on the name