• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Section 890.330 Special Joints


Sep 10, 2012
c) Slip Joints. In drainage and water piping, slip joints may be used on the inlet side of the trap or in the trap seal, and on the exposed fixture supply. Slip joints shall not be used in any inaccessible piping.

does anyone know the code for the MIN. size access panel required for a tub drain? ( if slip nut joints are used)