• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Seeking Advice on Kitchen Remodeling Choices

ameliasolis

Hey everyone,

I'm about to embark on a kitchen remodeling project and could use some advice from those who've been through it.

I'm torn between classic and modern designs. Classic kitchens have that timeless appeal, but modern ones offer sleek functionality.

What's your experience with either style? Any tips on balancing aesthetics and practicality?

Also, do any recommendations for durable yet stylish countertop materials?

I want something that can withstand the hustle of a busy kitchen.

Your insights and personal experiences would be incredibly helpful. Feel free to share photos if you've got them!

Hey everyone,

I'm about to embark on a kitchen remodeling project and could use some advice from those who've been through it.

I'm torn between classic and modern designs. Classic kitchens have that timeless appeal, but modern ones offer sleek functionality.

What's your experience with either style? Any tips on balancing aesthetics and practicality?

Also, do any recommendations for durable yet stylish countertop materials?

I want something that can withstand the hustle of a busy kitchen.
check out this site https://mayflowerva.com/potomac-md/
Your insights and personal experiences would be incredibly helpful. Feel free to share photos if you've got them!
thanks in advance for any help

if money were no object - not a position I've ever been in - traditional frame inset and soapstone counters - and lots of both. Also, I'm a fan of all drawers in base cabinets and designs that eliminate corner cabinets. But the three I've done - different houses - are all eurostyle frameless, all drawer bases, and butcher block counters finished with Waterlox. No regrets.

I just re-did my kitchen.

We went with the more modern approaches. One of the unexpected advantages with sleek and simple lines are that they are much easier to clean. Ultimately, just a matter of personal preference though.

I did a pour-in-place concrete countertop myself, and it turned out pretty good. Some minor tweaks I would do if I did it again, but nothing major. You have to be ready to either polish it by grinding (very dirty) or applying a finish overtop (like resin).

I'm building a house outta stone in the sticks. The kitchen is going old-school, with an old-style wood stove and a reclaimed maple bowling alley floor (requires more sanding, will be epoxied) as the counter. Melamine over old ugly (second-hand) yellow-varnish-oak cabinets from the early eighties.

Attachments

• DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 5
As a kitchen remodeler, I would suggest you to choose modern design. Because if you go with classic and your whole apartment is new. In that environment classic look old and you will get bored. So, choose modern design and share your thought process with the remodeler what you want. or you want a blend of modern and classic.

I would suggest porcelain slabs for countertops and possibly backsplash depending upon the look you choose. Beautiful and extremely durable. no worries about heat or chemicals. I use Daltile Panoramic Porcelain slabs.

I just re-did my kitchen.

We went with the more modern approaches. One of the unexpected advantages with sleek and simple lines are that they are much easier to clean. Ultimately, just a matter of personal preference though.

I did a pour-in-place concrete countertop myself, and it turned out pretty good in service Kitchen Renewal Tacoma. Some minor tweaks I would do if I did it again, but nothing major. You have to be ready to either polish it by grinding (very dirty) or applying a finish overtop (like resin).
thank you so much for your suggestion