• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Seethrough screen.

ICE

Oh Well
The planning dept. requires mechanical equip. to be screened from view. What else looks kinda odd to you?

IMG_0071.jpg

I see non treated 2X4's and CSST outdoors. Is the black iron painted that color or is it rusty? Is the ductwork hooked up? What else?

So does the screen have mor of an anchorage method than the equipment?

MEP guys get really POed here when I inform the the wind speeds for hold downs ar 110 - 120 mph

and a safety factor of 1.5-2

newtons law 1 only EH' the apple will fall but will it blow away?

All those rails appear new, one size fits all! Could be the installers confused about the screen played it safe; monkey see, monkey do.

Just speculating; who knows?

ICE there are many odd things in your postings! Definitely have a sense of humor to keep your sanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to meet code, I see a screen. What more can you expect? Is there a hole size specified?

Seems to be a very high density of equipment.......and yes ....anchorage would be an issue....I think we had about a 10 ton unit end up in the street in New Haven last year on the news...