• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Send it to Planning.

ICE

Oh Well
I had a feeling today was going to different but nope, it was another day in the jungle.

I have seen worse. From the street this house looks normal. The neighborhood is decent and clean and this person got away with this without a complaint.

I sent pictures to the planning dept. so I walk away. I can't say for certain but I think there will be setback and lot coverage issues. As I recall negative 8" and 90% are incorrect answers to a questionnaire.

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Softy said:
is that a fan exhaust? or some sort of drain?
Assuming that you are talking about the black spot in the gable end. I don't know. It looks like a pipe. Hard telling what's under all this roof.

I found one like it that housed pizza ovens. They weren't making pizza. I was there because they had turned the attached garage into a paint spray booth and blown it off the foundation. They had installed two gable vents and a whole house fan. The fan didn't set it off, it was the water heater.

The one I found today is too clean looking for me. It might be trick on the inside and then again it may be jail cells. It's always a crap shoot with these.

Last edited by a moderator:
There must be a contractor near by, theres a 4-door pick-up with ladder racks on it accross the street, smells kinda fishy!! Must be back from his fishing trip or juan must be ram-roddn' this job!

Is that rolled roofing on a less than 3/12?

pc1