• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Share your secrets for keeping clean house/cleaning quickly

ameliasolis

I love learning new tips and tricks both on how to more easily keep a clean, organized home as well as everyone's little tricks for those moments when you have 20 minutes before the unexpected company is about to walk through your door.

(One of the funniest I've heard is to pull out the vacuum and display it prominently and then explain apologetically "You caught me in the middle of my spring cleaning.

" To help keep the house clean, I: - sweep the kitchen floor nightly before bed - take kitchen trash out nightly -

use microfiber cleaning cloths and a spray bottle of water to quickly remove fingerprints from stainless steel appliances - make the bed every morning

(ok, I only do this about half the time, but I'm working on it!) - open and sort the mail daily - utilize a 'landing strip' zone in the foyer