• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

simple wishlist item - I think

Plans Approver

Silver Member
It would be nice if when someone places a link (url) in their message; the link would open in a new tab/page/window rather than the same tab/page/window. No biggie. Sometimes when I follow those links I get lost. :eek:

Re: simple wishlist item - I think

Hey Dan - when you see a link and aren't sure where it's going to open, right-click on the link and choose "open in new window" instead of left-clicking on it... That'll take care of it.

right-click on the link and choose "open in new window" instead of left-clicking on it... That'll take care of it.
I knew that. :oops:

But, unfortunately, I was using Internet Explorer :evil: at the time this occurred to me. Opera, my usual and favorite browser, is set to open all links in a new window, left or right click. Force of habit to left click.

I did not know that.

I am not a computer:geek:

I am afraid to turn mine off for fear I will not get it to boot up in the morning :(

Thanks

I would love that too as I think it is a pain in the butt to have the same window go to the link rather than open a new window. I believe there is a way to do it but it is complicated and beyond my expertise.

"""""""""""It would be nice if when someone places a link (url) in their message; the link would open in a new tab/page/window """""""""

so when you post a link how do you post it to do that??????????????????

Dave W gets the gold star ;)

If you use IE (Internet Explorer)

(1) Go to Tools (On Your Home Page)

(2) Open Internet Options (In Drop down Menu)

(3) Scroll Down to Tabs and Click Settings

(4) Go Down to (Open links from other programs)

(5) Activate the button you desire and enjoy :)