• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

sometimes your the cow... sometimes the cow pie

peach

What we do is alot like that... nothing is going right - staff is being a pain, clients are being a pain, it's hot...

Then you get the nicest compliment and you have to say.. wow, maybe my job is worth it.

Unfortunatelly, despite the hardest efforts, those compliments are few and friggen far between. But, we rise to the battle each day, right?

"It is. We surly didn't get into this for the compliments or the money. It's a passion."
Most days, I would say it is an "affliction" rather than a passion! :D .

staff is being a pain, Remind them that everybody is replaceable

clients are being a pain, They will change

it's hot.. Move to Montana

Sunny

Sunny

Mostly Sunny

Mostly Sunny Extended Forecast

High: 66°

Low: 40°

High: 75°

Low: 43°

High: 83°

Low: 49°

High: 82°

Low: 50°

High: 73°

Low: 48

Peach ( and everyone else)

Whenever this job seems miserable and thankless I remember my best inspection ever. It was late December and I arrived to do a final inspection of a house that had a bad fire and had been repaired. The owner was there to see how things went. This project had taken months and I don't even know where the family had been living. Anyway, when I signed the permit and told her she could move back in she burst into tears and grabbed me in a big hug. She sobbed out "now we can have a real Christmas".

Darn right my job is worth it!

Joe