• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

South Carolina RFS Signed into Law 2014

that is terrific, congratulations to the special interest lobbies! foremost insurance just cancelled my homeowners policy because my home falls in their brush zone map they have. they inspected the exterior of the home 2 years ago and issued the policy because i had it so well defensible( i am a fire marshal ) and know the rules! do you think if i retrofit sprinklers in the inside then maybe they would reinstate my policy? what is a homeowner to do to the outside? maybe a special interest group can come up with a costly profitable fix? meanwhile i am tossed into some costly insurance pool and issued a new policy if i am luckly. no bitterness here! :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Builder Bob said:
YEAHHH... SOUTH Carolina still going backwards....................after all the governor can go to Argentina and remain in office. What else do you expect?
the new candidate for governor walks the appalachian trail frequently also! :mrgreen:

When a long-ago South Carolina legislator described his state as ``too small to be a republic and too large to be an insane asylum,'' he might have added, ``but just perfect for a bordello!'' Perhaps it is the humidity. Throw in a ****tail, stir with human nature, and you've got that ol' fleeting magic.

But what's with all these kissy-boys spilling the beans on their paramours? Whither chivalry? Whither, alas, manliness? The women in these romantic imbroglios are steel magnolias to the weeping willows of their undoubtedly regrettable (and perhaps forgettable) dalliances.

The South has managed through the past 150 years of regional shame to cling to the one admirable trait of its antebellum past: the Gentle Man. He, too, apparently is endangered. With notable exceptions, the once-honorable protector of women's virtue is just another gossip-monger.