• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Springerville, AZ., Planning, Zoning Director & Bldg Insp

With that salary, you are guaranteed to get someone unqualified.
I doubt that. The scope of the duties for the position is enough work for three people. Even the most unqualified individual would recognize that.

I doubt that. The scope of the duties for the position is enough work for three people. Even the most unqualified individual would recognize that.
Now, you of all people, know better than to bet on unqualified people being able to recognize anything.

They "just adopted" the 2015 ICC Codes, and the 2014 NEC, they did include the Green Code.....A little behind the times..........A one man dog and pony operation. Try to get a week or two off, good luck.

They "just adopted" the 2015 ICC Codes, and the 2014 NEC, they did include the Green Code.....A little behind the times..........A one man dog and pony operation. Try to get a week or two off, good luck.
Looking at the pay scale, it must be a part time position.

Yikes, I delved deep and yeah. This brought back memories.

I remember when I left a job at the newspaper company on the Wet Coast. I was a desk editor/page designer/photo editor/pre-press guy, generally assembling front pages and shared sections for six area newspapers. I was also a backup editor for any of the regional folks taking vacation. Huge workload, requiring skillsets in all sorts of areas. Generally the kind of "you need to have four-five years of experience to even think of doing this job, and you better have a helluva portfolio as well."

When I left, my old boss said that Head Orifice had made it easy for him to weed out the unqualified.
"How so?" I asked.
He showed me the entry-level salary/part time hours listed in the job description.
"Anyone who applies doesn't know how to do the job," he said.