• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

State by state adopted codes and contacts.

In California the list of Authorities Having Jurisdiction is wrong. I believe that individuals listed are chairs of advisory committees to one of the state agencies involved. These individuals are not government officials and hey do not have final authority. The agencies that have authority differ with the occupancy type,

In at least one of the cities in California they list the applicable code is the 2007 CBC when it is the 2010 CBC. They still state that the local code is based on ICBO's Uniform codes.

Not impressed

Mark K said:
They still state that the local code is based on ICBO's Uniform codes.
What it says is they are based on the "ICC's Uniform Codes" the I-Codes are supposedly "UNIFORM".

The Codes As Listed Are Correct

I DO AGREE, POOR VERBAGE.

I use that site as a starting point but sometimes I find outdated info. If you email them that a code or contact has changed, they will look into it and update it.

Alabama is inaccurate.

The state fire marshal office administers the statewide building code - which applies to all buildings where there is not a locally adopted code.

November 22, 2009 IBC, IFC 2009 became minimum code with IRC 2006 adopted by the legislature (The statewide minimum building code was SBC 1997 and NFPA most recent edition).

Mark Handler

Check out the links to data for particular local jurisdictions. For at least one jurisdiction they state that the local code is the 2007 CBC and that it it based on the ICBO Uniform codes

They do not have any local jurisdictions. Without that information I don't see where the site is very usefull for Wyoming.

Yay ... We can build however we want in Arizona -- we just need to meet ADA.

This is probably one of the stupidest ideas for a website I've seen.

A/Es who will do work in other states would do well to contact the state, the county, & the municipality directly to verify codes and amendments.

So much for RCD's quality of data.

They indicate local jurisdictions in Oregon may amend the codes to be more restrictive. That is false. State statute has prohibited that since 1974.

alora said:
Yay ... We can build however we want in Arizona -- we just need to meet ADA........
Make that the AzDA and you'd be correct sir. As for building the way you want seems all the winter vistors think that way. Oh well it pays the bills.

The current Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code is 2010

The current Oregon Fire Code is 2010

Minor technical error for NYS, the NYSECCC is actually based on the 2009 Energy Code (we wanted some Federal $$$, so we made the jump). And the list of AHJ's is sketchy at best. Generally not bad though. Thanks for link mtlog. I'll see if I can get them to correct...

Astoria is a special exception as it seems. Astoria seems to be one of those "home rule" towns with special conditions as the town has had municipal code adoption since at least as far back as the 1920s. The city adopts the building code and does make a few provisional amendments. It also has adopted the IEBC with amendments to meet the minimum standard of Chapter 34 of the OSSC for existing buildings.

Astoria is one of those towns with historical provisions that goes back before there was a State of Oregon. Territorial laws and such. The land claim matters is another world of fun for the state when it comes to Astoria specifically.

fireguy said:
The current Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code is 2010The current Oregon Fire Code is 2010
They must monitor this board. I got an e-mail from them telling me they updated their information and thanking me for pointing to the error.

Inspector Gift said:
2011 Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code, adopted April 1, based upon the 2009 UPC.
Plus the 2011 Oregon Electrical Specialty Code, adopted April 1, based on the 2011 NEC.