• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

steel finished office grade carpeting

I think what e hilton was asking is for a link to a product literature web page. I've been an architect for 49 years and a building official for 30 years, and I have never heard of "steel finish office grade carpeting."

I Googled "steel finished office grade carpeting" and not much showed up that's out of the ordinary. Nothing in code about that, no products with that specific name that I see.

If I had to guess, it's possibly either a color of a carpet ("Steel") or a carpet with metal within it (Patcraft has a line of carpet that has a metallic base that is visible through the carpet. Maybe something like that?)