• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Street for sale,,, Slightly used

Since the HOA no longer owns it they are no longer responsible to pay for the upkeep. the big question i think is do the property homeowners still have a legal ROW to access their homes if not it will be a very costly legal issue

Reactions: cda
Depends is it true private property

As in could he fence it off

Or is there also legal / city requirements to allow access

I wonder what the auctioneer thought about selling a street.

The security guard is going to need a cash register.

I wonder if a permit is required for a parade on a private street.

It could be a flea market on Saturdays. ...... Once would be enough.

Government at it's finest.

Last edited:
Since the HOA no longer owns it they are no longer responsible to pay for the upkeep. the big question i think is do the property homeowners still have a legal ROW to access their homes if not it will be a very costly legal issue
Generally, in the cases of private ways, each property owner would have deeded access. Typically the planning department ensures this prior to approval of the subdivision.

This sounds a bit like "I have some ocean view property for sale in Arizona" to me.

Does CA have any HOA laws on the books? Did someone find a loophole?