• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Study Guides

lakester89

Hello all! I'm gearing up to take the commercial electrical inspector exam and am wondering what I should be using for study guides. all other exam there is an ICC study guide but for electrical there is quite a few options and I don't know what would be the most helpful. Here's the titles that I'm looking at, please let me know what will be the most helpful or if you have another recommendation.

Mike Holt's Illustrated Guide to Electrical Exam Preparation, Based on the 2017 NEC​

IAEI-General Electrical Study Guide - NEC 2017

Mike Holt's 2017 NEC Exam Practice Questions Textbook​

E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector QuickPass Study Guide Based On 2017 NFPA 70​

I like Mike Holt's stuff, you should check out his YouTube channel and website.

I'm not familiar with IAEI's stuff, but they are definitely reputable..

Also check out Ryan Jackson's YouTube channel.

Hello all! I'm gearing up to take the commercial electrical inspector exam and am wondering what I should be using for study guides. all other exam there is an ICC study guide but for electrical there is quite a few options and I don't know what would be the most helpful. Here's the titles that I'm looking at, please let me know what will be the most helpful or if you have another recommendation.

Mike Holt's Illustrated Guide to Electrical Exam Preparation, Based on the 2017 NEC​

IAEI-General Electrical Study Guide - NEC 2017

Mike Holt's 2017 NEC Exam Practice Questions Textbook​

E2 Commercial Electrical Inspector QuickPass Study Guide Based On 2017 NFPA 70​

I am preparing to take the E2 also, I am using https://www.ibcode.com/ Com Electrical Inspector (E2) quiz. Have you taken this exam?