• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Suggestions please!!

Leann M. Bryan

Hey there,
My friend and I planned to start a construction company in Toronto and we registered our business according to construction industry requirements and hired some workers. We signed a new contract last day and the work should be started within two weeks. To start the project we require aerial equipment, we thought of renting it because we would be moving from one place to another so renting would be a better option than buying. It's the first time we are considering aerial equipment rental, so we definitely need some advice from anyone who has any experience in renting.
Looking forward to your suggestions.
Thanks in advance

Welcome!!

Not a contractor, but most job sites I am at I see rental equipment,

Especially with you getting started

Most places, I see the rental company bringing the equipment out and picking it up.

Good luck!!!

If the rental company offers theft insurance, take it. If it isn’t offered by the rental company, find it elsewhere.

Many companies that rent areal units also provide fall arrest training that is usually required by the provincial workplace health and safety acts/regulations in each of the provinces in Canada. If you buy, you will have to source this out from a third party.

What tmurray said. Some require a mandatory training and provide a base level of certification for fall arrest and aerial work platforms. Take it.