• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

TBCF Hats, Shirts & Mugs Progress

jar546

Forum Coordinator
This is turning into a bit of a fiasco. I don't want to go back in time and have to guess what will sell, pay to have it made, stock it then find the time to take money, ship it and pay sales tax where I am required to. I found a company that provides the products as the orders come in on a made to order basis. The problem is that these types of companies don't have a way for the public to order and require that I have an online store. So now I am looking into an online store that works with the shirt company to sell online, which then charges a fee to do it. so now, by the time I price everything out so I don't lose money, it makes the items more expensive than I want to charge.

Another option is that I manually process the sales here without having to buy stock, but that puts me right back into the issues with taxes and shipping.

I've been down this road before with code books, back when we sold them and it kept my office manager way too busy. I don't have that luxury anymore.

So I will make a decision soon and figure out how I want to proceed. Until then, this is just an FYI.

Third-party it!

You already have plenty to do just keeping up with the forum!

I have used 4imprint.com for some Chapter stuff, once you pay for them to do the artwork (which I am sure you can do), they are super east to use.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Third-party it!

You already have plenty to do just keeping up with the forum!

I have used 4imprint.com for some Chapter stuff, once you pay for them to do the artwork (which I am sure you can do), they are super east to use.

Just my 2-cents worth.
Just a simple hat will be $20 before I even pay the store & credit card fees. This is nuts. who wants to pay $25 for a hat?

I found a company that provides the products as the orders come in on a made to order basis.
That is the only way that makes sense. There might not be a large demand and you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stuff that doesn't sell... and if there is a large demand, you can switch gears any time.

Just a simple hat will be $20 before I even pay the store & credit card fees. This is nuts. who wants to pay $25 for a hat?
The flamethrower is looking better all the time...oh, if you order a container full of stuff with the logo that the "crowd" picked you might end up needing one.

I found one store that will not charge a monthly fee, take 2.9% of the sale plus $0.30 per transaction. I just cant figure out if I have to pay the credit card fee on top of that or not. That makes the price of a simple hat too pricey in my opinion.

I found one store that will not charge a monthly fee, take 2.9% of the sale plus $0.30 per transaction. I just cant figure out if I have to pay the credit card fee on top of that or not. That makes the price of a simple hat too pricey in my opinion.
Should have started at this end of the idea. Unless you have the merch made overseas and in the hundreds, the price will stay high, My wife takes a few vacations a year and she always brings me a hat from a museum or art gallery. I don't ask what the vacation or the hat cost. I've been with her a few times and the hats are priced way too high.

If you get to the point of throwing caution to the wind, I have contacts in China.

You could check out Queensboro.com as well. Not sure if they are better/same/worse than 4Imprint.com, but I have ordered just a few items at a time from them (as in 3~4) with my logo embroidered.