• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Telescope Type Hood System

rgrace

Sawhorse
Telescope Type Hood System.jpg Is anyone familiar with this telescoping type hood system? The tube is capable of being maneuvered up and down, I believe for a distance of about 18" (perhaps more). Have you approved/disapproved this in your jurisdiction? Justification and code sections for your choice would be well appreciated. Thanks.

I have seen designs for these in a Korean Barbecue. It was a long time ago in place far, far away but if I remember correctly they were installing an individual type I system over each table (each table had a cooking surface), which I had a hard time wrapping my head around (I think there were 40+). Fortunately I left there before I had to deal with it. A quick google search of Korean bbq hoods will show lots of results similar to your post.