• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Temporary Ice Bar?

Re: Temporary Ice Bar?

I can't wait for the 2012 IBC now that the Association of the Temporary Ice Structures Industry (pronounced "a tizzy") has ICC's attention.

brudgers said:
I can't wait for the 2012 IBC now that the Association of the Temporary Ice Structures Industry (pronounced "a tizzy") has ICC's attention.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that mean ICC is pronounced ickkk!

wonder if it calc'd to handle the snow load :lol:

Plans Approver said:
brudgers said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that mean ICC is pronounced ickkk!

540' dead center field.

Well I would have given him about 4 weeks to obtain a permit. Here an offsite permit would be needed for the bar and that would shut it down way earlier. ;)

"...480-square foot structure for the opening night Saturday. About 40 people can fit inside, he estimated." I suppose 12 sf per person (gross, that doesn't account for bar-backbar) isn't so bad... :roll:

and

"However, he was not sure what he'll do when the 50 tons of ice begins to melt." He might want to get a handle on that part quickly after the weekend we just had and the forecast for the next couple of days... :eek:

Would this be a non-combustible building TYPE IIB or a combustible Type VB. It may not burn but it will melt :lol: