• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Testing

Keystone

SAWHORSE
With the states slowing the rate at which new codes are adopted, anyone with insite (hint hint JPranch) think ICC will retain the computer based testing for 2009 codes after the new year?

Keystone said:
With the states slowing the rate at which new codes are adopted, anyone with insite (hint hint JPranch) think ICC will retain the computer based testing for 2009 codes after the new year?
I can not imagine that they would not. Some areas are three cycles out.

Been an issue for years. Another issue is that the tests are based on unammended codes, not the ammended version we enforce, which means you have to test to different code than are enforcing.

Frank, understand the testing to a different code. I personally can adjust my train of thought of testing to the book, not that I would enjoy testing to my local version. Realistically testing to local versions will remain unlikely, example; Pennsylvania has 2500+/_ municipalities and according to the state, each municipality can amend the code. The gotcha part, the state does not have an accurate count of municipalities who have had prior amendments (older than 9yrs old) but they do have recent amendments but I will give em (the state) credit for starting to get it together.

My gripe, Pa. appears as though they will remain in 2009 Code until 2018. I will be studying and passing a test in the very near future and have the book & practice material and not happy about purchasing a book that I will not use other than review and test.