• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Thank You!

steveray

SAWHORSE
Didn't really know where to put this but didn't want it to be just a sawhorse thing....

To Jeff, the longtime supporters and participants of this board, and the newbies.....Thank You! I am rolling up on 10,000 posts and I don't even know how many years, and this place has been one of my most valuable resources in that time. We will never all agree, but such is life. A world where everyone agrees would be boring, hopefully we learn a little through our discourse, but discourse is necessary and to see and discuss others views to fully understand a situation. As a code official, I take this pretty seriously, I will always listen, as that is part of the job, I will sometimes be wrong, and I will own that, code will sometimes be wrong and I will try to fix that. The bottom line is: This a great place for discussion and hopefully we can continue to disagree (or agree) and solve problems for another 10,00 posts!

Thanks Again Jeff!

> > >

Great post ** steveray ** !………..Jeff has done
an exceptionally good job in taking over this Forum
and shaping it in to a “well respected” site on the
internet.

I too have used the resources here on countless
occasions…….It has been, and continues to be
an invaluable resource for me.

I recommend to all of you, if you have obtained any
value from this Forum, to send Jeff a message of
“thanks”……….Also, to recommend this site to others,
and to actively support this Forum by becoming a
“paid subscription member ( i.e. - a Sawhorse ).

Well Done Jeff !

< < <

I remember early in the start up days seeing a avatar picture of Jars girlfriend or wife in a red christmas outfit, and I thought this is the place to be! :eek:

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life!"... so I come hear thinner, sober and more knowledgable!

Okay, Jeff does deserve some credit for the success of the forum....but let's not get carried away with it.
The members are the foundation that the forum is built upon. I look forward to hearing from new members.

Different strokes for different folks and all that....I come here to find out when I am wrong and I don't mind telling you that I hear about it often enough to keep me humble...and a bit perturbed when I hear it from Jeff.

I am retired now. For the twelve years that I participated here at the forum I was pleased to post pictures of what I found each day. That kept me engaged, studying the pictures and hearing what others saw. Often I would see something that I missed during the inspection and evey now and then a forum member would show us another. Prick that I am, I always followed up with the contractor and the good news. This forum made me a better inspector. So thanks for that.

Oh and by the way, north star had a great idea....do send Jeff a private message of thanks....all of the many thousands of you.

Last edited:
I'd like to thank the two Corporate Sponsors of this forum as well. Both are well into four digits of financial support since becoming sponsors. One of them isn't even corporate... He's just a self-employed dude spending a slim marketing budget and hoping to get some positive promotion of his integrity and dedication to code education. BuildingCodeCollege.com No better value available for non-bias, independent code education.

I'd like to thank the two Corporate Sponsors of this forum as well. Both are well into four digits of financial support since becoming sponsors. One of them isn't even corporate... He's just a self-employed dude spending a slim marketing budget and hoping to get some positive promotion of his integrity and dedication to code education. BuildingCodeCollege.com No better value available for non-bias, independent code education.

Amen Glenn...Missed the sponsors....As soon as I come up with a viable side hustle, or career change, I would be right there with you...

Spam a lot?

Spam a lot?
Quoting you to give you the attention you so desperately desire. Maybe we aren't that different after all. I too seek attention. I'm just honest about it.
@jar546 Is this how you want your sponsors to be treated by your moderators? I expect this behavior from trolls, but not a site moderator.

Last edited:
Amen Glenn...Missed the sponsors....As soon as I come up with a viable side hustle, or career change, I would be right there with you...
Thanks Steve. You didn't miss the sponsors. You posted to thank Jeff, as he deserves. I'm simply doing my best to be a smart businessman and take advantage of an opportunity to promote my business and support of Jeff and this forum. I don't "spam" on here nearly enough for what I pay.

Quoting you to give you the attention you so desperately desire. Maybe we aren't that different after all. I too seek attention. I'm just honest about it.
When I was a child there was a young couple that liked to go for walks. Some of the children would taunt the husband and he would take chase....for several blocks before giving up. Later I life I got to know the wife. She wanted to know why the children were so mean. It was because he would chase them.

Okay, Jeff does deserve some credit for the success of the forum....but let's not get carried away with it.
The members are the foundation that the forum is built upon. I look forward to hearing from new members.
Very true. I just keep it going and up and running, but it is each of you that makes this forum what it is. Thank each other for helping to build, in my opinion, the most valuable building code communication site in the world,

@jar546 Is this how you want your sponsors to be treated by your moderators? I expect this behavior from trolls, but not a site moderator.
If he were on the payroll, I would dock his pay for that comment. All in all, I think we all know each other well enough and realize when we get a little ribbing from others in fun. At least, I hope so.

Glen, Your knowledge and participation has been a critical part of the success of this forum. You, like many others, are appreciated for not just posting and answering questions but in your case, for sponsoring a section of the forum. I thank you.

Yes, Jeff deserves the lions share of credit, he had the huevos to start this thing up, and round up the initial core group that helped build the membership. I think I was in the first 20 or so to jump on board, and bail on ICC, have never, ever regretted it. I too am retired, so ironically, I don't get here as much. I guess because I don't have to. Anyway, glad we are all here, even you ICE. Glenn, he tries to get to me also, and I used to bite on it. But I just ignore him now.