• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

The Evolution of Energy Efficiency in the IRC: Are We on the Right Track?

A lot of your post is opinion, but the above claims are incorrect.

A single volcanic eruption can cool the whole planet for a year or more, if it injects enough aerosol high enough into the atmosphere to block I believe on the order of 1% of incoming sunlight. See e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_winter

Fossil fuels derive from prehistoric plankton and terrestrial plants, not dinosaurs. See e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_fuel

Cheers, Wayne
Coal, oil, and natural gas are fossil fuels formed over time from the remains of living organisms.
Coal is mostly decomposed plants
Oil is mostly decomposed plankton

Like oil, Natural gas is a product of decomposed organic matter

Coal, oil, and natural gas are fossil fuels formed over time from the remains of living organisms.
Coal is mostly decomposed plants
Oil is mostly decomposed plankton

Like oil, Natural gas is a product of decomposed organic matter
I wonder what life would be like had we not had coal, oil and natural gas.

I remember being told in elementary school, early 60's that oil came from dinosaurs.

It is probably because of Dino and the marketing behind him.

View attachment 11867

The dinosaur in the ad was a complete fabrication that several paleontologists created. They stood behind the falsehood for many years. When the veil came down the excuse was, “We needed to show something for the grant money.”

This is a headline from this morning:

The heavy thinkers have been updating the story for years.

Last edited: