• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

The Green Fraud

conarb

As you know I've long railed against the Green Codes as enforcement of political and secular religious agenda. The most fervent of the Greens post on The Green Building Advisor, all of a sudden they are awakening! Here are some snippets from a blog thread entitled "Is It Time to Stop Insulating? Health concerns continue to dog insulation materials." It is well worthwhile to read the entire thread so see fervent greens suddenly calling their own into question:

My favorite line from Building Science Corporation's Summer Camp a few years back came from Jan Kosney from the Fraunhofer Institute in Bavaria who said "Buildings work just fine until you insulate them. Get rid of the insulation, and you eliminate the problems"
I've been in construction long enough to acknowledge that things go wrong very frequently, and as building science has determined over the past few decades, insulation and moisture don't mix well. Add health concerns from many of the insulation materials we use, and I think that it's worth reconsidering how we build and insulate.
like most environmentalist doesn't have the courage to just flat out state that we are breeding ourselves out of existence - certainly out of existence as we have known it in the last 150 years. Or, state that the only universal environmental solution to anthropic environmental problems and non-sustainability - is the reduction of the human population. Anything else is just a token effort. This is the over-whelming denial factor that will ultimately result in self-correcting solutions (as Watson points out) to the human over population problem - just like it does with every other species."My last thoughts on the matter at hand....

All our green building ideas to date can't put a nick in the real deal problem, which is the fact that no one but the Chinese seem to understand... population lowering is the one and only way to get us through this next century or two reasonably unscathed.

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/smart-takes/father-of-leed-humans-8216bl...
He added: “The planet does not need you…there is absolutely nothing we can do to this planet that, in a million years — two ticks of a second to the planet — won’t be obliterated. We need to get over ourselves.”
The environmentalists are destroying our nation and our economy, our abundant natural resources are all tied up, and they don't know what they are doing, they are forcing architects and contractors through code mandates to harm people at great expense, and exposing us to huge liability, and you inspectors are the enforcers.

conarb, "The environmentalists are destroying our nation and our economy, our abundant natural resources are all tied up, and they don't know what they are doing, they are forcing architects and contractors through code mandates to harm people at great expense, and exposing us to huge liability, and you inspectors are the enforcers."

Agreed! PERIOD.

Some times the inspectors do not have a choice if the state adopts. Just ask the code officials in Maryland. Not that I have all the answers but ...