• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

The other 9-11

cda

Sawhorse 123
79 year now.

My Dad was on a Navy ship in Pearl. It was rocked, but not hit.

He fell about two decks and recovered in a hospital.

He went on to give 30 years of his life to the Country.494CAE6C-57FC-44BF-A041-8F26897F0479.jpeg

Only 1 percent of our population today will ever wear the uniform of this nation in any of its incarnations -- soldier, sailor, airman, Marine, active, Guard or Reserve,” Air Force Gen. Paul J. Selva said at the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics convention at National Harbor, Maryland.

My dad was a 17th Airborne trooper sent into the bulge to break out the 101st, his brother was kia on the first day and my dad wounded at Flemerge, received a bronze star, patched up and made the last jump of the war across the Rhine. He never spoke of it much. I have sense learned about what he went through. He went to all of his reunions till he passed in 09'.
He was called back up for Korea as if WWII was'nt enough. Result, he is one of the troopers on the Korean War Memorial in DC. His 17th bunk mate was its sculptor and used him as a model (true story)

My dad was a 17th Airborne trooper sent into the bulge to break out the 101st, his brother was kia on the first day and my dad wounded at Flemerge, received a bronze star, patched up and made the last jump of the war across the Rhine. He never spoke of it much. I have sense learned about what he went through. He went to all of his reunions till he passed in 09'.
He was called back up for Korea as if WWII was'nt enough. Result, he is one of the troopers on the Korean War Memorial in DC. His 17th bunk mate was its sculptor and used him as a model (true story)

Thank you for your families service and sacrifice