• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

The Real Forum Name Poll

The Real Forum Name Poll

• Inspectors' Code Resource

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Associated Code Professionals Forum

• Construction Codes Discussion Group

• Construction Code Opinion Page

• Building & Safety Discussion Board

• Building Codes Forum

• Building & Life Safety Codes Forum

• Building & Safety Codes Forum

• Building Safety Forum

• Building Inspectors' Forum

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fatboy

Administrator
OK folks, after a false start, I took the liberty of narrowing down the name choices to 10, as that is what the default setting is, and really, that's plenty. If your choice didn't get in exactly as you put it in, make you case, otherwise, please vote.

If you saw the other polls, and voted previously, PLEASE, re-vote, as I have talked to Jeff, and he is taking the other two confusing polls down, so those votes will NOT count. Please vote again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to give some reasons for not voting for some of the choices.

This forum is made up of many different professions; who are equally responsible for it's success, so;

"Inspector (s)" should not be in the name; and I are one.

"Life Safety" should not be in the name; because it relates to NFPA codes.

"Opinion" should not be in the name; because I am perfect; and my opnions are facts.

Now, I have to decide between the others.

Uncle Bob

We are not just about ANSI, ASTM, UL, ICC, NFPA or legacy groups either but when one boils it down.....it's really about ICC and NFPA codes and standards and all of us who use them, design to and inquire about them ....................hence the recommendation I made.

Vote for # :)

UB, you're are right. I looked up the definition of fact and it said "everything Uncle Bob says." Then I looked up opinion and it said, "everything everyone says except Uncle Bob. Also see definition of fact." :lol:

I like it. You need to be able to pronounce it without sounding like you have a mouth full of marbles.

Here's a couple of companies that have pretty simple names and slogans that didn't do too bad with "plain."

3M: "Innovation"

Canon: "Know How"

Dell Computer: "Get More out of Now"

Intel: "Intel Inside"

Nokia: "Connecting People"

Philips: "Sense and Simplicity"

Really Folks, 220 views of this thread, and only 37 votes?

I KNOW there are plenty of you out there that have an opinion, it's just a vote on a name preference........sheesh. :confused:

Come on.......vote!

I tried to vote twice but the system wouldn't le.......er, I mean that would be dishonest if I tried to vote more than once.

Would've actually preferred 'Building Codes Discussion Group', but that wasn't one of the final 10, so I picked...

Watch out, the next thing that's going to happen is the fire people are going to start paying firemen all over the nation to join the forum and vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.