• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Theatre consultant - retired

bill1952

SAWHORSE
Stumbled on this site as a result of a personal interest rather than professional - building a garage I retirement rather than planning a theatre. Along the way, I got involved in codes and standards and became the "codes guy" for the ASTC https://theatreconsultants.org/. Became a "special expert" member of Life Safety Code Assembly (and Education then) Technical Committee in 1987, and joined the Fire Doors and Windows committee around 2001. Was proponent for a BCMC project 1988 to 1992 on Stages and Platforms, which was basis for first edition of IBC 4.10. Worked with ABTCB in late 90s and still occasionally, and member of ANSI A117.1 committee. Worked on code development in the three legacy building codes and then ICC since it's beginning. Slowed for a while when I went out on my own (was sent out on my own in fact) in 2005 but as business winds down and last projects are completed - just 2 to go - picking up on code development efforts. Good bulletin board here.

Ok kind of welcome

Thanks for the site

We sometimes get into a specialty and cannot get out!!

Thank you. I'm not looking for work, and strange after nearly 40 years of chasing everything vigorously, but now thanks but no thanks. So not commercial to point to www.bcaworld.com and find some articles and white papers mostly on code issues, if interested. You can see some of projects but it's a horribly maintained web site, a problem of solo office and too much work (until the past year or so).