• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

There are plans waithing

ICE

Oh Well
waiting

for someone to pick up. There are corrections to be made. They were notified in early May.

Today we got a noise complaint. It seems that work was going on at 6:00 am.

I was there six months ago and put a stop to the work. It amounted to popping out the front 4' to 5' x 45'. There was a wall under the outboard side to the left and not much wall where there is now a lathed wall. The perpendicular wall at the back of the picture is new and what you see here continues on the other side.

I spotted the spliced 4"x6" the first time and told the owner to stop. I made it clear to him that to continue will hit him hard in the wallet. That didn't work.

When I first spotted the splices, they were nice and tight with no nails except on top where they are hidden by the sheathing. I thought wow, there must be a finish carpenter on the job. I was wrong....he's from Argentina. Nice kid. He tells me that he has a connection for lignum vitae and can get it by the pound. He says that where he's from, it's so plentiful that it's like it grows on trees.

DSCN0625.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Attention spammers! The moderators must be on vacation. The coast is clear so sale your boat. And don't even think about the Lignum Vitae Trade Assoc., they're mine.

Last edited by a moderator: