• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

To help protect your security ...

Paul Sweet

Sawhorse
The past week or so, every time I open a new page or go back to the previous page, my computer at work blips and a message appears at the top of the screen:

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options."

If I click "Download File" I get the the following message:

".app_content_140511002640400 a.uiLinkSubtle { display: none; }

.app_content_140511002640400 a.UIImageBlock_ICON_Image { display: none; }

#bootloader_7U5M_ { height: 42px; }"

What is the website trying to download?

Mine was doing the same thing last week and I posted on here about it. One response was to just keep X ing out the request. Eventually it quit.

Here is the link

Earlier Post on Subject

Paul, I sent your post to the IT people.

Here is the response:

Jeff,Are they blocked from using Facebook at work? It might be trying to

connect to that and if it's blocked that could explain it.

It's not actually downloading any files when they go to the forums

unless maybe it's a caching problem and they need to clear their cache.

Is that the exact error message? What version of IE?

Thanks

Andrea
We are Facebook capable for those who are on facebook and it will try to connect. We do not download files.

Yep. Looks like the facebook signup button is an element which means it is essentially a mini-page from facebook.

Just out of curiosity, are you getting much facebook action from this site?

Considering how many people use this at work, I'm not sure that live connections to facebook are a good thing.

I'm not saying that it should be dropped, but it seems like the negatives may outweigh the positives - I know I would not use the site if every page gave me a warning, particularly if I was a newbie.

Thanks for the replies everybody. I work for the state, so I'm sure they block Facebook, as well as almost everything else. I don't use Facebook, even at home.

I don't think I noticed the message today, but if it should start popping up again I'll remember to X it into submission.