• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Tracking Cases

shawnp

For my fellow code enforcement/code compliance people. What software/system are you using to track cases? What do you like or dislike about it?

My department uses Municity. It was in place before I started, so I don't know what led to its adoption. I've been told that before Municity we used some other program. Since the department moved to Municity from whatever that other program was, obviously they didn't like the other program.

I don't like Municity. It's clunky, and (at least the way we use it) it requires entering the same or similar information in multiple places to keep the record straight. From the applicant end? Last week I made an administrative update to the project status for a project involving three buildings on one site, so three permits. Got an e-mail from the owner's agent later in the day saying he had received 41 e-mails (generated by Municity).

That's not helpful to anyone.

For just code enforcement? Has it been successful in tracking cases from Intake all the way through Abatement/Court Proceedings?
I'd love to see an example if that is something you would be willing to share (dm)?
For permits, applications of all kinds (signs, building, subdivisions.)
The enforcement database is for permitless construction. We've also got a robust system for tracking our inspections....