• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

"Tree-house" - interesting...

Actually probably stainless steel ones would be better, I've read that the galvanizing can cause problems with certain plant species in some cases.
There was a big push here a few years back trying to get people to stop burning pallets at the beach because of the galvanized nails. I guess the smoke mixed with the fog and got into the water, then up the food chain and causing weak egg shells in some bird species.

I don't know what state this is in it it probably out west where I here their are a lot of forest fires. It says he sleeps in it sometimes. Definitely should put in fire alarms.