• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Type II vent a hood

cda

SAWHORSE
Imc 2003

Type II vent a hood

1. No minimum Gage for the actual duct???

2. Appears fan can be in the duct????

Code sections ???

Hiinsp

Will not have books in hand till mon.

What is your opinion to questions yes/no

Thanks

Type II: shall be constructed of steel not less than .030 inches (22 gagge), stainless steel not less than 24 gage in thickness, copper sheeets wieghing not less than 24 ounces per square foot OR of other approved material and gage. IMC 507.5

506.4 Ducts serving type II hoods Ducts and plenums serving Type II hoods shall be constructed of regid metallic materials. Duct construction, installation, bracing and supports shall comply with Capter 6. Ducts subject to positiive pressue and ducts conveying moisture laden or wast laden air shall be constructed, joined and sealed in an approved manner.

I saw that and just wanted to make sure no minimum gage for the duct itself

Any comment on a fan in the duct itself for type II??

Thanks

cda said:
I saw that and just wanted to make sure no minimum gage for the duct itself Any comment on a fan in the duct itself for type II??Thanks
506.4.2 Ducts. Ducts and plenums serving Type II hoods

shall be constructed of rigid metallic materials. Duct construction,

installation, bracing and supports shall comply

with Chapter 6. Ducts subject to positive pressure and ducts

conveying moisture-laden or waste-heat-laden air shall be

constructed, joined and sealed in an approved manner.

603.4 Metallic ducts. All metallic ducts shall be constructed as

specified in the SMACNA HVAC Duct Construction Standards-

Metal and Flexible.

22 Ga. Up to 30” Diameter

26 Ga. Up to 12” Diameter

Thanks!!!!

Any other thoughts on the Dan being inside the duct????

I know it is not allowed on type I

Is the Fan rated and listed allowing it to be installed inside the duct for a Type II duct?

If not NO.

Thank you everyone that is what I thought the code read, just had the strange problem of the week pop up