• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Ugly gas pipe

ICE

Oh Well
This is at the front door. The pipe wraps two thirds of the house to get from the meter to a tank-less water heater. There is an attic on the back half and the run would have been half as long had he gone around the back of the house. Sorry I didn't get a picture from the street but the owner and a few neighbors were in the front yard admiring the new gas pipe. The owner asked me what I thought of the work. I said it was a swill job. He heard swell job.

Look at the black hand prints.

DSCN0616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the amount of pipe dope. we all know the more pipe dope, the better it seals. At least until that pesky inspector gets of the job site.

Wasn't the Black Hand Society an org of Italians, kind of like a fraternal order?

fireguy said:
I really like the amount of pipe dope. we all know the more pipe dope, the better it seals. At least until that pesky inspector gets of the job site. Wasn't the Black Hand Society an org of Italians, kind of like a fraternal order?
Too much pipe dope beats too little. A number of years ago the fitters in a well known sprinkler pipe fab shop got into an informal contest as to how many joints they could get out of a can of dope. Contest lasted about a month until multiple reports came in from multiple customers field personnel about #$%@#*&^ shop side leaks.