• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Unlimited area building - performance based design question

pyrguy

OK, this is cross-posted in Commercial Building Codes, Commercial Fire Codes and Architects & Engineers to get the widest coverage and best answers.

I am looking at a building of non-separated mixed uses (M, B, A-3) approximately 900 X 1800 feet, one story with a mezzanine, Type 1A construction and 2012 IBC.

The designers are proposing a performance based design since the building does not meet prescriptive code.

I need a consultant to help with the parameters for the performance based design to show that all of the occupants of the building can exit before the structure becomes untenable.

Looking for suggestions of firms you would look to for help. Post questions to this thread or email me.

Thanks