• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Unused RMC Threads in a Hub

I think 500.8(e) calls for it to be wrench tight. Thats a little ambiguous, but whats in the picture is far from hand tight.

I think 500.8(e) calls for it to be wrench tight. Thats a little ambiguous, but whats in the picture is far from hand tight.

If you click on the photo and zoom in, you can see the missing corrosion protection and exposed bare metal, albeit a bit rusted already. This is a new ATS installation using the existing RMC.

I think you got about two threads, what's permitted? The photo looks like black pipe instead of galvinized.

And the screws look like self-tapping, not machine bolts and nuts.

I have seen hubs with slot-headed screws in the package before, shouldn't have any points on the ends.