• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Use Group help

Mech

2009 IBC

80'x80'x89' tall building for anthracite coal drying

What use group is this? F-1? H?

I am using section 503.1.1 Special industrial occupancies to exceed the normal height regulations.

Thanks

So what is the drying process??

Just dump it in there and let it set?? Or more to it machinery involved??

IFC

2704.13 Weather protection. Where overhead noncombustible construction is provided for sheltering outdoor hazardous material storage areas, such storage shall not be considered indoor storage when the area is constructed in accordance with the requirements for weather protection as required by the International Building Code.

@Rick18071 - I never tried to burn anthracite; I just read that it takes a lot of heat / high temperature to ignite.

@cda - According to the newspaper articles I found, they will be utilizing natural gas in their drying process. I have no knowledge about the process itself. (Some information is not always provided to us.) I do know there will be several silos in the building and there are 16'x20' tall overhead doors.