• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Vapor Control in the IRC - Live Webinar

Glenn

I'm excited to have my brand new Live Webinar scheduled for next week. Vapor Control in the IRC takes you through a story of the history and evolution of vapor control methods over the last century, all of which are still choices in the IRC today.

BuildingCodeCollege.com/webinars

Webinar Description: In the last century of construction and codes vapor control has gone from simply opening windows to various detailed assembles of ventilation, insulation and vapor retarders. In remodeling, you are faced with a variety of existing vapor control methods and are tasked to work with them, around them, or to replace them. In new construction there are a variety of design options to manage vapor in different assemblies and climate zones. Take a journey through vapor control methods from the 1800’s to the upcoming 2024 IRC.

Vapor Control IRC webinar.jpeg

I teaching this webinar again on June 28th. BuildingCodeCollege.com/webinars

It is bound to be worth attending.
Thanks. I did so much historical research for this one, that I just love it. It's amazing what we've tried, failed, learned and adapted in vapor management over the last 100 years and yet every one of the methods is still available in the 2021 edition. This class started as a 60 min presentation called "Building Science in Building Codes" that I taught for a series of Building Science Symposiums targeting high performance builders. I loved it so much I expanded it into 3 hours.