• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Vehicle Charging Requirements - CA

Alias

Quick question about CalGreen.

Is a new 200 unit apartment complex required to provide electrical receptacles to recharge vehicles, golf carts, scooters, etc.? Yes, no, how many?

City Planning Commission would like to see the complex have the receptacles, designer and myself are trying to come up with hard facts.

Thanks,

Sue :mrgreen:

= =

Alias,

Is the new residential complex subsidized by Uncle Sam?....If not,

then I agree with Mark, but if Uncle Sam is paying for the

development, what then?

FWIW, we have some developments in this area that ARE

subsidized!

+ +

north star said:
Alias,Is the new residential complex subsidized by Uncle Sam?....If not,

development, what then?

FWIW, we have some developments in this area that ARE subsidized!
Under CalGreen?

north star said:
= =Alias,

Is the new residential complex subsidized by Uncle Sam?....If not,

development, what then?

FWIW, we have some developments in this area that ARE

subsidized!

+ +
north star -

Privately funded senior apartment complex. It went back before planning last week for the update. Complex started as a HUD 202, HUD froze funding last year and project was tabled. Funding is now available but, and this is the big change from HUD, a certain amount of units must be assisted living. Developer doesn't want a medical facility so he has private investors and the feds aren't involved.

Sue